Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale

In Recettear you are Recette Lemongrass, a small girl who has inherited her missing father's item shop. You must manage your shops inventory and appease both your customers and a tiny fairy named Tear, who represents a company who will kick you out to live in a box if you fail to meet the weekly payment. The following screenshots will show the general feel of the game.




Yeah, that's pretty much how it is. In addition to all the item selling, there is an extensive dungeon system. You can use one of eight champions to battle your way through a total of six dungeons with roughly one thousand floors total. If all the cuteness doesn't make your head explode you will find an excellent rpg with plenty of re-playability, well worth the $15. In closing, a little public service announcement.

9 comments:

  1. I never really played a jrpg on a PC before. I might check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend was playing a demo of this! It sounds really fun. I may have to check it out. I haven't ever really played a jRPG before though. Everyone is so... cute. O_o

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only wish I was into RPG's in general. Some of them look like so much fun, but I just can't seem to make myself play them! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha looks soo pretty. Paha I have never played a jRPG. Might make this my first one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep hearing good things about this game.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this game actually, thanks for reviewing it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. JRPG's should be a major food group.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Capitalism HO! I need to get back into playing this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. aww the characters look soo cute!

    ReplyDelete