Monday, February 14, 2011

Music Monday 2 - Pirates

When I have had free time this past week, and I'm not updating this blog.... I've been playing more League of Legends, in particular one of the free champions, Gangplank. My first game with him I went like 9/2/5 which is better than I normally do. After that it went downhill, but that is beside the point. As I was browsing through my Itunes library while waiting for the rest of the players to lock in, I found the perfect soundtrack to my pirate rampage, Alestorm.

Alestorm is a Scottish band that fits into a rather unique category, Pirate Metal. Why? Because it's heavy metal, and they sing almost exclusively about pirates. They are a rather new band, with only two albums out, the first, Captain Morgan's Revenge, is the one I own. They don't take themselves too seriously, and that I think is the reason it succeeds. It's just a fun album. I was on the fence about purchasing it for awhile, remember kids piracy is a crime, but I'm glad I did.

 
 

Rumor has it a third album is on it's way so start getting excited. I'm gonna shoot for an update every day this week, so wish me luck. Happy Valentine's Day.

7 comments:

  1. Ah I love League of Legends. I mainly play either Tryendemir (blatently spelt wrong) or Morgana. I have a handful of others that I play aswell.

    Thats not to say I'm any good! Still nowhere near level 30 and probably will never do ranked games hehe.

    Gave Gankplank a go once, I wasn't very good but as I was on my first go playing as him sort of what I expected to happen :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Followed. I'm hearing a lot about LoL, gonna have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow great stuff!! very cool blog. Ill be following your blog. Check out my blog too if youd like :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is this? Two of my favorite things colide and make PIRATE METAL!? Oh boy, now I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is all new to me, thanks for sharing!

    howtohackyourlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. sweet sweeping, sadly im not into type of music

    ReplyDelete