Thursday, February 10, 2011

Just a short story...

This is just an excerpt from my previously mentioned paper which sort of showcases my love of video games and some of my character.

In Junior High I felt the need to be a rebel. Of course no one could know about it, but I needed to prove to myself I was different. This need led to a couple friends and I playing Nintendo DS under our desks in class. Our teacher would prattle on about English or manners and we would be race each other in Mario Kart. There were a few close calls, but we never got caught. The closest I came to being caught actually came from me being a good kid. For some reason my friend had written a dirty word on my pouch, which I of course showed to the teacher. My pouch was temporarily confiscated and I was shunned by my friend. This was all made worse when I realized my DS was still in my pouch. I was scared out of my mind the entire day. Finally I was called down to the Dean of Discipline’s office and was handed a new pouch. He made me hold the new pouch open as he carefully put everything from my old pouch into the new one. A few pencils and markers, a pencil sharpener, little by little they appeared in his hand, and then, the game boy. He held it up for just a moment longer than the rest, but then he put it in the new pouch, and just like that I was free. That single day was enough to scare me away from playing games in class and crushed what little rebellion was in me.

Real updates are coming, I promise.

13 comments:

  1. The calm, silent, and embarassing treatment works wonders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, novice mistakes. Still awesome that they got you a new pouch though :0

    ReplyDelete
  3. interesting post, I like your writing style. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol, I used to do something similar to that in school back when me and my friends had an N-Gage. We used to play Bomberman or Crash Nitro Kart against eachother during maths :L

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adults are so clever these days, its like they have already been in your shoes and know what you're thinking ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, some completely unsolicited advice:

    It takes more than that to crush rebellion in a person -- it just buried it a little. Trust me. You're going to unearth it at some point, whether you want to or not, and that could be pretty ugly (or pretty epic) if it happens when you aren't prepared. Do yourself a favor and revive your spine on your own terms while you still can.

    twitter.com/#!/mikeyang52377

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yea dude you were a real rebel with a DS lmfaoo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you stopped.

    Being rebellious for the sake of being different is idiotic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. it's short story but i'm interesting to read it

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha good story. Despite the title, your DoD sounds pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  11. lol.. gaming in class.

    My friend used to play Starcraft in the back of a bunch of his classes.. Profs never said shit.

    I luckily had him in my Comp Lit class (yeah let's pay attention there and learn how to use MSWord) and I got to watch assorted UMS for like two hours a week. :D

    ReplyDelete